House Bill 91

A person who is no longer enrolled in a Georgia public school and who previously failed to receive a high school diploma in this state or was denied graduation solely for failing to achieve a passing score on one or more portions of the graduation tests may petition the local school board of education of the school system in which he or she was last enrolled to determine his or her eligibility to receive a high school diploma, pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 20-2-281.1, based on the graduation requirements in effect when the student first entered ninth grade.

Petitioner must contact local school system where they last attended high school.  HB 91 Petition Form must be completed.  Submit the completed form to Angie Helton; 136 Warriors Path; Suite 800, Cleveland, GA  30528.  A copy of a government issued photo identification must accompany the HB 91 Petition Form.

There is no deadline by which a petition may be submitted.